I am a qualified, professional psychotherapeutic counsellor registered with the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP).
As a professional counsellor I work within an ethical framework ensuring that boundaries are maintained and clients receive total privacy and confidentiality.
Training, Qualifications and Experience
- BSc (Hons) in Integrative Counselling
- Matrix College Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling
I have worked as a counsellor with a number agencies namely Suffolk Mind and Lighthouse Women’s Aid and have worked with a very wide range of issues particularly anxiety, depression, family and relationship issues, loss and bereavement, addictions, abuse etc. I offer a sensitive, empathic and friendly approach and will do my best to help you feel at ease. I will work with you to provide the kind of support that is right for you.
- Self Esteem and Body Esteem – How to improve client’s estimation of themselves and their bodies.
- Creative methods – Using Sand Tray in the Counselling Setting.
- Working Therapeutically with Disordered Eating
- The Fragile Self: Working with Narcissistic Vulnerability
- Healing the Traumatised Mind, Brain and Body
In addition to my private practice, I teach counselling skills and theory at West Suffolk College in Bury St Edmunds.