Hello and welcome to West Suffolk Counselling, the website for Jean Staff, a Psychotherapeutic Counsellor based in Bury St Edmunds and Walsham-le-Willows.
As you have arrived at my web site, it may be that you are experiencing difficulties with a particular area of your life or feeling anxious or depressed. The therapy that I provide can help you with a wide range of difficulties such as relationship problems, stress or depression. I can support you in times of emotional crisis, providing a safe place to process your feelings about a life event or ongoing situation. Counselling also helps with personal development needs and issues relating to identity or purpose. Sometimes people feel stuck or lose a sense of who they are or feel life has lost it’s meaning. I can help to clarify thoughts and feelings so that you can gain a new sense of direction and purpose.
Coronavirus Update – Online Counselling
I have been working online providing video therapy via zoom since the initial lockdown in March. Initially I reflected upon the impact of working online and wondered if this would get in the way of the therapy process. However my experience working with clients via this medium has been positive and the therapy has been very effective. As with face to face therapy, video therapy has enable clients to get the help they need and experience the internal emotional and psychological changes that heal. I have also been offering telephone counselling. Please see the section Sessions and Fees for more information.
Counselling is an opportunity for you to talk privately and confidentially about your feelings and experiences. When issues are difficult to discuss with family and friends, talking to a qualified, skilled professional can provide the insight and understanding you need.
Help for a wide range of issues
- Relationship difficulties – such as repeatedly becoming involved in unsatisfactory or destructive relationships.
- Anxiety – feeling nervous, anxious and unable to cope.
- Depression – feelings of emptiness, lacking direction or purpose and feelings of meaninglessness.
- Loss and bereavement – grief resulting from bereavement or separation or divorce. Feelings of loss resulting from loss of a job or career or loss of identity.
- Addictions – feeling unable to stop destructive behaviours.
- Stress – feeling unable to control the pressures and demands of work or personal life.
- Abuse – this may be happening currently in life or it may be something from childhood which is still causing concern and difficulty.