Are you interested in learning about Counselling or thinking about a career as a counsellor?
Self Sense Development & Training is a new partnership offering self-reflective and experiential workshops to those training to be counsellors or people with an interest in counselling.
Our next experiential training workshop will be held in Bury St Edmunds on Saturday 13th October 2018.
Setting Up and Building a Counselling Practice
This full day workshop will outline the activities involved in setting up a counselling practice. It will cover areas such as:
- Practical considerations – where to base your practice, using more than one location, renting consulting rooms.
- Marketing – what works and what doesn’t, creating a web site, sources of referrals and how to attract clients.
- Administration – appointments, diary management and record keeping.
- Legal and Financial considerations – insurance, tax (self assessment), costs (allowable expenses), data protection and getting paid.
- Ethics – boundaries , accreditation, professional wills, good practice and self care.
- General Advice and Tips – discussion around our experience of working in private practice, sharing suggestions on best practice and advice on how to avoid mistakes.
- When: Saturday 13th October 2018 from 9.30 to 4pm (9.15am – Registration and coffee)
- Venue: BSE Deaf Centre, 28 Northgate St, Bury St Edmunds, IP33 1HY
- Fee: £75.00 (reduced fee of £70 for the first 5 places booked)
Book: Via Eventbrite – https://www.eventbrite.com
For further information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org